MTG continues to run a troubling far-right Facebook group – Peach Pundit
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene continues to serve as the “administrator and moderator” of a far-right Facebook group known for posting content minimizing the Holocaust. Additionally, Greene bragged about her role with the group in her official House biography, where she goes far beyond describing herself as just an “administrator” or “moderator,” but rather as the group’s “national director.” , Family America Project.
The group, Family America Project, which does not appear to be registered as a nonprofit or even incorporated as an organized entity such as an LLC or corporation, also has a knack for aligning itself with Vladimir Putin on issues relating to Ukraine.
It should be noted that while the group took this position and Greene blamed Ukraine for the war, former President Trump has, to his credit, called what is happening in Ukraine “genocide.”
Here are some of the Holocaust-minimizing posts on the page:
1) This post from just a few months ago suggests a parallel between anti-religious measures in Nazi-controlled territory and current US policy.
2) This post from last year deals with the supposed “parallels between what happened in Nazi Germany and what is happening in our society today”.
3) This post from 2020 links to a now-deleted YouTube video and compares the World Health Organization and the medical profession to the Nazis.
4) This 2019 post accuses California of continuing “forced internment”, a policy pursued by the Nazis.
5) This 2018 post refers to a man named “Robert ‘Naui’ Hernandez” as “NAZI Huitzilopochtli” and claims that “The Brown Supremacy movement, which includes the founders of Chicano Park, is a NAZI movement”. He also refers to “those brown supremacists talking[ing] to round up white people and put them in camps to “re-educate” them.
Here are some of the posts echoing Putin’s regime talking points surrounding the war, or taking an anti-Ukrainian tone.
1) This post echoes Russian talking points about Ukrainians being Nazis and the Ukrainian regime being as or nearly as flawed as Putin’s.
2) This post echoes the Russian talking point that much of what Americans see of the war in Ukraine is “false” due to misrepresentations of actually Lebanese footage as coming from Ukraine by obscure media and non-traditional.
3) This post redirects to Lara Logan’s notorious interview in which she doubted the Russian invasion of Ukraine was going badly for Vladimir Putin (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary), linked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a Jew and former comedian, into the occult, and hinted that the Nazis had taken over the Ukrainian military.
Comments made by Logan during this interview were later endorsed by Russian officials.
Greene was called out in early 2021 for moderating this Facebook group. It appears that since this article was published, Greene has resumed her job as the band’s “national manager,” given the contents of her official House biography. The article noted that the group had previously been arrested posting “memes promoting the slogan ‘Day of the Rope’ – a reference to the mass hangings of ‘race traitors’ fantasized in the white supremacist novel, Turner’s Diaries.”
In June 2021, Greene apologized for comparing things that weren’t the Holocaust to the Holocaust. However, as her house biography and the “Admins and Moderators” detail on the Family America Project’s Facebook page make clear, that hasn’t stopped her from bragging about her association with a group that continues to engage. to inappropriate and offensive comparisons of the Holocaust that downplay the Holocaust and other horrific acts committed by the Nazis.
It also hasn’t stopped her from associating with a group that obviously aligns itself much more with Vladimir Putin than with Ukrainian freedom fighters, despite the fact that, as noted, former President Trump has said that what Putin’s forces are doing in Ukraine constitutes “genocide”.